Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Pinnacle

pin·na·cle   n.   The highest point; the culmination, the highest stage of development Architecture: A small turret or spire on a roof or buttress. A tall pointed formation, such as a mountain peak.  


(also the name of a Tennessee based airline.....Greg, I remembered the next day)


For me I believe the pinnacle was having my third healthy baby girl.  It felt like I had figured out what I was to be doing and where I was suppose to be .  Of course, over time there has to be other highs...it can't be the pinnacle of life at age 32.  It has been easy for me to realize my life is full of these highs and lows, these pinnacles and valleys.  Becoming a teenager, making the basketball team, getting into college, college graduation, wedding day, child birth, first day of kindergarten, full day school for my youngest kiddo, promotions at work, losing a parent, new job, divorce, independence, success, failure...it's all a roller coaster.  I remember the end of the movie Parenthood, where the elderly grandmother tells Mary Steenburgun and Steve Martin how life is like a roller coaster, all the ups, and downs, the scary yet invigorating feelings....she sounds like she has dementia, when in reality she is just telling the way it is.....the ride is what is so fun, so worth the effort.  

Now, at age 39 I want the ride, I don't just want 
to go round and round. 
The pinnacles are worth just as much as the valleys!


Be back tomorrow with more about our LA trip. Of course it was all work and we had no fun at all. ;)
-JR

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen~ Well said and great thoughts of insight. I love reading your blogs. You are great at it. I look forward to them. Amy

Danni said...

Have I told you lately that I love you? Well, I do. That was awesome. I really enjoyed it...bravo...
ox

Greg said...

Spent most of the last decade living on the pancake flat prairie of Minnesota. Flat is almost as bad as going round and round. You have to have a few valleys in between the pinnacles or what's the point?

Thanks Jennifer.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts