Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I don't look back much as a rule....

I was born 39 years ago today yesterday. 
The second daughter for my parents . 
I was 2 weeks late and had a load of black hair. 
I don't look back much as a rule....that is partially true, I don't. But it's not always because I don't want to it's because my memory is for sh*t.  I keep saying I will try crossword puzzles or Ginkgo Biloba, but I haven't committed to that yet.  

Year 38 was interesting, challenging, confusing, entertaining, enlightening, disappointing, fulfilling, daunting, unfortunate,  and optimistic.  All the while I felt blessed, happy, and fortunate for my children,
my family, my friends, (the old and the new) and our health.

This little tune is one of my favorites. Don't look too much into the lyrics...they all don't fit into my life.
But, much of it is fitting. When I listen I sort of think of my relationships with people along with
losing my mom over a year ago.
The warm light on a winters day IS comforting and her memory IS here and I would like it to stay. Listen in and you'll probably really like The Shins as well.



This year is starting out promising.  I work for two different businesses. One being NextDoor for which I write this blog, along with store hours and buying trips.  We are headed to LA this coming Sunday.  I feel certain we will find many new and unique lines to carry at the store.  Going with Renotta and Patrice.  Patrice owns a store in Hinsdale.  She's back here commuting to Chicago and is my next door neighbor...we don't have any fun at all. : wink wink!

Spent my birthday with my 3 little gals. My sister had us over for dinner. My favorite Cuban pork with lime garlic sauce! Black beans and rice chased by my brother-in-laws famous Patron Margaritas. Best Birthday! Check it.....Yum!
Thanks Sister!

Thank you to my friends and family for the birthday wishes...and the brunch....and the gifts....and the dinners
and the beautiful flower delivery! :) Life would not be the same without all of you in it!

(Some of my favorite gals this past weekend. Danni, Alexia, and Me)

-JR








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the daily bread!

jen26r said...

Love this song Jen...have it on my mp3 player...and it IS mellow and comforting. Glad your birthday was special and good. Glad we got to toast espresso shots. Glad we have a fun year ahead of being 39...healthy, blessed. Right? :). OX

jen26r said...

Love this song Jen...have it on my mp3 player...and it IS mellow and comforting. Glad your birthday was special and good. Glad we got to toast espresso shots. Glad we have a fun year ahead of being 39...healthy, blessed. Right? :). OX

Post a Comment

Popular Posts