Monday, August 29, 2011

Paper to Polyvore

When I was little I played paper dolls.


When I was home sick from school my Mom
would buy a book for me.
Trying different outfits on the dolls was so fun...and if I found a favorite I would use scotch tape to secure it on indefinitely!
Fast forward to 2011.....the options are flipp'n sweet!


via mrs.lilien

Paper has turned to Polyvore.
Trying on clothes has never been easier.

exhibit A.
A source on the Next Door website lets you put together an outfit....using pieces available in our store and for
purchase online. Just like paperdolls!!
 See what a huge selection of
accessories we have as well.
Check it...get it together

exhibit B.
This is how crazy detailed you can get at Polyvore.
(see below for a description of Polyvore...for you newbies...or fellas) 




Polyvore is a site where you can create different "sets" or outfits virtually. Its better and easier than looking at items seperately and trying to determine if they
would go together or not.

There are clothes, shoes, and accessories from different web sites and stores that you can choose from. If you download this tool, you can even get things from web sites that are not listed to use in your sets by clicking on them.
Paper Dolls don't have a chance.....

Moving on.
Have you ever had jalapenos on your pizza?
 If not trust me and try it.
They are never to be left off again.
I grew up in Greendale where Ricardos pretty much ruled the pizza world. Never knew it until Saturday...but they
also own Riverfront Pizzeria on Erie St.
Great pizza and right on the river. Perfect for a late lunch.

remnants of our lunch....

I just realized I am talking about being a kid and where I grew up... it must be all this back to school talk.  My 3 girls start school tomorrow. It's bitter sweet.  We love summer, but starting up at school again is exciting. All the new school supplies we organized last night, the new backpacks, shoes, and my favorite, fresh crayons.



Here is an old school favorite from all that growing up I did....if you can get past the grill and the mane on this guy,
this song is fantastic.


It's a school night...gotta go.
-JR


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the outfield!

Kat said...

Love the outfield too! Wow, old videos sure are hilarious! He looks like a cross between Paul McCartney, Barry Manilow.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts