Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pancakes in a blender?

Yep, that's right, I am making these easy breezy pancakes made in a my trusty 1967 Hamilton Beach Blender.  My girls had friends sleepover last night and I went out with my high school girlfriends. My husband was the Dad of the year. He took them to a basketball game and got them to bed...all while I had the most delicious fish tacos and Blue Moons with the old school pals.  So this morning I redeemed myself with these crazy easy, but tasty breakfast.
(I just burned one because I am typing this, so *note, stay focused while cooking these)



Here is the recipe for the the easiest breakfast around:

BLENDER PANCAKES
2 cups milk


3/4 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder

Directions

1.Place milk, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla in the blender. Add flour and baking powder. Blend until smooth.

2.Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

COOL Kitchen Tip:
My friend Barb, from Minnesota :) taught me this cool kitchen tip.  Cut pancakes, pizza, and anything else like it with kitchen shears! Serves is up faster for the kiddos. Thanks B!

~JR

4 comments:

Alie said...

I will try these immediately tomorrow morning!

Unknown said...

das right! b

Sherri said...

Oh my!!! You have a beautiful blog! I am excited to follow along!

Jennifer of chambersstreet.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Sherri, from looking at your blog(s) we have a lot in common!!! Alie, how did they turn out? Barb, good to see you this morning. :) J

Post a Comment

Popular Posts