Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baby Shower for baby #5

Last night I went to a baby shower for my friend Mona. 
We all arrived together bearing gifts.

 Mona is pregnant with her 5 baby, a boy. This really was the best baby shower I have been to in awhile.

First of all, my girlfriends that I coffee with a few times a month were all there...so it made it a night out with the chicks I love to hang with. Second,it was on a Friday night, and Third, I was handed a Vodka Tonic within 3 minutes of arriving! Basically a house party with a good reason.

We talked about baby names for Mona's baby. The big laugh last night was that Mona's in-laws thought they should name the baby after Mona and her husband Jeff.
Jeff + Mona = Jonah
Love the name, but the concept really cracks me up.  Mona has some really cute names picked out, like Matteo or Maximus (Max). A few weeks to go and we'll see what they do.

Mona was given spa gift certificates, aromatherapy candles, lotions, baby clothes, and vodka.  I love 5th baby showers. Funny thing is, there were two other gals there with 5 kiddos, one being my sister. :) The other, Debbie, she has 3 little girls and ended up pregnant with twins. God bless that woman, she ran rallied to come out last night. She has an 8, 6, 4, and 6 month old twins.  Hearing about her life made my life seem easy this morning with only 3.

We had a great time and didn't get home until Midnight.  Being a mom of a 6, 9 and an 11 yr old has it's perks.  There are no more first time baby showers and no babies to get up with in the middle of the night. Amen!

But, this never tires of being exactly where I want to be. These photos were taken close to 6 years ago....they are bigger now, more self sufficient, but dang, they were cutie patooties!
~JR

2 comments:

B said...

it really was fun last night .... I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! The girls look so precious in these photos ....
Bella had the same polka dot sheer you wear over the skirt ... so fun to dress the little ones!

Jennifer of chambersstreet.blogspot.com said...

B! Glad to see you here....yes, Friday was a blast, always have fun with you ladies. :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts